Wednesday 19 August 2015

Making Beats and Sampling in Reason, Recording Vocals and Mixing and Mastering Tips

Thanks for checking out my Blogger site. I'm DatPaki and I'm a music producer and blogger at DeviantNoise.com

I'm gonna share some of the interesting music news I come across on the internet here. That could be articles, videos, beats/songs - anything I think is dope, really.

For now though, I thought I'd start off by sharing some of my old YouTube videos.

How To Sample In Reason 

So this video is an old one but a good one. It's an older version of reason (probably v.4?) but the concepts in it are still relevant.

If you like to work with sampled music and make hip hop beats this video will show you how to do it right, in reason. I also use an audio editing program called Reaper - it's free and its dope as f. 

The sample I use is from a song called "A Women's Gotta Have It"



Recording Your Vocals

This next video gives you some tips about recording your vocals professionally. Most people think you need to have really expensive equipment or rent out a huge studio. But that's not true. You can record your own vocals, in your bedroom, on your laptop.

Check out the video below to learn more.



How To Get That Industry Sound

The last video I'm gonna post today is about mixing and mastering.

Mixing and mastering is the process you go through to take your raw instrumentals and recordings (that sound like ass when you play em back on your stereo) and make them sound like they are professionally made songs.

That "industry polished" sound that you hear on the radio and in the music videos. How does everything sound so clear and beautiful? This video explains wussup.


That's it for now, I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment